Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I am Wearing and Miss Bitz

Ok so you probably don’t care.
You are probably wondering what does this have to do with being infertile?

Bear with me.

This entry has everything to do with being infertile but you are going to have to stick it out.

Today I am very proud of my “denim find”. If you are a slave to fashion as I am you will know that the “distressed jean” is all the rage and the price tag is in the neighborhood of $350 a pair—GASP!

Now I may get a bit nutty when it comes to fashion but I swear to you that I would never ---even in the best of financial times---spend $350 on a pair of jeans. NEVER! Sorry denim industry but you do realize that it’s just a pair of jeans that’s been ripped to shreds????

But as usual, it’s a fashion trend I can’t pass by. So I went in search of the trend for less---and wound up on the Abercrombie website and found exactly what I was looking for -- the price tag was $89.50. Still ridiculous for a pair of ripped jeans -- but definitely more my speed.

Today when I got dressed I built my outfit around my new jeans. On top I wore a blouse that I got at the Gap two years ago on sale for $19.00 and paired it with an Adam Lippes fur vest from Bergdorf’s (ok a splurge) but bear with me. On my feet you’ll see one of my favorite purchases of all time---my faux brown suede platform boots from Isaac Mizrahi Target! They are three years old and were $29.99! And yes---I own them in black. I will miss his Target collections dearly and only hope that he does something equally brilliant at Liz Claiborne.

But the best accessory of the day is sitting on my lap---my little dog Bitsy Charlene.

Bitsy Charlene has recently gotten the “shaft” in some of the Helpusadopt.org PR. She was hidden in the shadows in the New York Post photograph and didn’t make the cut for the recent TODAY show segment (her sister Farrah did). But Bitsy Charlene has played quite an important role in this Infertile Blonde’s life. So today I am dedicating the post to her.

Most people whisper behind my back and say, “Did Becky really name her dog Bitsy Charlene?” First of all you don’t have to whisper. And secondly, yes I did. Miss Bitz, as she is affectionately known, weighed all of four pounds when we rescued her from the PSPCA (hence the itsy bitsy) and my dear friend Charlene was the person who told me about her. I believe Charlene’s voice mail said “we have a very special dog and I think you two could use each other right now.” That’s the thing about friends---sometimes they know EXACTLY what you need.

Bitsy Charlene is my IVF dog. I rescued her during “the dark years”. I needed her and she needed me. You could even say we rescued each other. I got a little bundle to love and take care of and she got a wonderful home --- something she definitely needed since she’d been abandoned on the streets of Philadelphia.

Needless to say Miss Bitz now weighs over 12 lbs and needs to go on a diet---which will never happen---but it doesn’t matter. In spite of her waistline, she still manages to stay stylish and turn heads on the streets of NYC. She is seen here in her black and white scull and cross bones sweater that her mother just couldn’t resist.

Love much,
xob

ps. If you want to know about my make up then you’ll just have to tune in tomorrow…..it’s all from my beauty guru---and one of Helpusaodpt.org newest fans…Her initials are TMc ---and she’s divine!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Well Becky,

I have to say that your blog from yesterday about how pets can really fill a void and become so important and really a wonderful friend to have, really hit home with me as yesterday we had to make the horrible decision to put our family cat Tyler down. He had been diagnosed with renal failure actually about a year ago now and wasn't supposed to last as long as he did. I had him about 13 years and although he didn't have my undivided attention anymore since having 2 kids he was always my very first baby. It is so hard to say good-bye to a pet and you really don't realize how much they do for you by just being there. So please hug Farrah and Bitsy for me as I am really wishing right about now I could pick-up Ty Ty and stoke him and have him lick my nose. I miss him dearly to say the least. Not a good weekend here at the Lukenses household. Thank goodness for pets.

Sara xoxo

Meghan Richard said...

I have an adoption kitty. She was thrown in the trash literally and I needed someone to focus some love on other then my long suffering husband. We are a match made in heaven so i totally understand.

Also I love the name Bitsy Charlene.