Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Pleather Legging

It is a fashion choice I am sure to regret…..

When I first learned of this fashion craze in NYC this past fall, I immediately dialed up my dear friend Betty --- she is my "go to" girl for serious issues such as these. We discuss, we weigh the pros and cons and we move forward.

We both weighed in with a definite NO. To roller disco we thought. Too Olivia Newton John at the end of Grease. Definitely NO.

But then I kept seeing them…..

And they grew on me…..

Eventually I tried them on. And I fell in LOVE.

I wear them all the time….with a long blouse and sweater combined with either tall flat boots or short high heeled boots. My look is reminiscent of Chloe Sevigny in today’s New York Times Style section (page 3.)---- although no one is asking me to be in the Times as of yet for my sense of style.

I am sure I will look back a few years from now to wonder what I was thinking but for now it’s my go to favorite…..I just hope they are “in Vogue” next year too.

Love much,
xob

3 comments:

Karin Katherine said...

#1 you cannot write about pleather leggings and not have a photo. I think we discussed this before.

#2 I think this is MY friend Betty you are talking about? (ha ha)

#3 see #1 and email it to me ASAP.

AnInfertileBlonde said...

Karin ---
ok will take picture next time i wear them and will post.....

Betty is a different Betty---don't think yours will take my calls :)

Love much,
xob

Anonymous said...

Betty wishes she could wear the pleather leggings. Am a few steps closer after 3 day detox cleanse nonsense however.