Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Add it to the list.......

I'm a list girl......I suppose it's because I have no short term memory. I've got lists for everything. It's the only way I can get through the day, the week, the month.......

But the list I am referring to today is the "what the hell is wrong with these people?" list.

Shortly after Christmas my home subscription to the New York Post stopped arriving at my door. The first day this happened I didn't do anything about it because to sit on hold with customer service for 20 minutes complaining over a fifty cent paper just hardly seems worth it. But when it happened for the 4th day in a two week span I called. Now it's an inconvenience.

18 minutes on hold to be exact.
When the customer service rep. finally got on the line to help me I explained the situation. First things first, she wanted to know the exact dates the paper wasn't delivered---well, I didn't put them down on a list so I didn't know. She seemed quite disappointed.

Here's where we get a little muddled.....

Her solution was this: "I am going to put a note on your account that you would like your paper delivered on a daily basis."

HUH?

"Isn't that what a 'daily' home delivery subscription is?" I asked trying so hard not to snap at her.

No reply

I tried again: "I was hoping you could put me in touch with the delivery manager so I could discuss this ----someone needs to talk to our delivery person."

"Ma'am when I put this note on your account it will be sent to the routing system and they will be notified."

OH. Whatever......

So now the address label on my paper reads like this:

my name
NEEDS POST EVERYDAY
my address
***MAKE SURE EACH DAY***

REALLY???

Don't get me wrong---LOVE the POST....read it every day....that is when it's actually delivered.

Love much,
xob

No comments: