Tuesday, January 6, 2009

AND SHE WAS...........

I am infertile.
Does that make you uncomfortable?
Sorry, can’t help it, its true.

Here’s the short story:
7 years ago I started trying to have a baby. Didn’t go so well. Moved onto IVF about 1 ½ years into trying and did five rounds----got pregnant three times and had three miscarriages (one at 14 weeks). After the final miscarriage in December of 2004 my husband and I moved onto adoption (P.S. I was terrified). In October of 2005 our son Jake was born in Maine. I was in the delivery room with his birthmother when he came into this world. All in all it took me 46 months and well over $100,000 to have my first child. If you want details I am happy to share……later.

I found myself at 35 with a baby, a full time+ job running my PR firm The Fawcett Group and a body that had failed me---or so I thought---I didn’t really know which way was up. Now I understand why my life worked out this way---or at least I think I do. I have the child I was meant to have, there’s no doubt about it. The rest of the story? Well, it’s had some bumps and some bigger bumps but in comparison I feel I can handle anything now that I’ve tackled infertility.

Now I see the world a little differently. I am a little less serious, a little more humble, a little less by the book and have a lot more fun.

Bear with me as I settle into this blog and find my groove. I hope to engage and entertain with my unusual perspective and my life as an Upper East Side publicist, a mother, and a girl who is seriously trying to change the world one adoption at a time.

Love much,
xob

8 comments:

The Neal Family said...

Welcome to the blogging world...excited to read your posts!
I'm just a boring mommy blogger but I've found a group of really supportive moms to lean on through it all and thats a cool thing!

Anonymous said...

Dear IFB,
Welcome to the blogosphere! I got an e-mail passed along to me yesterday that had so many forwards it practically needed it's own computer! I have decided to follow you in the spirit of girl blogger solidarity and because I think you have a tale to tell. I bet your blog will be popular, so put a counter on it to see how many visit you!

I gave you props in one of my posts, so just sign me glad to see you out here!

Karin Katherine said...

I'm looking forward to you finding your blogging groove...even if it means I have to share you with the rest of the world.
Love ya bunches but I just might love my (poor-hasn't-been-to-Disney)nephew Jake more. Sorry.

butterfly girl said...

This is really, really good. I'm so glad you're doing this and I absolutely love the lead.

-xx Lauren

Unknown said...

I love love love that you're doing this. I'm so very proud of you. Everything you are was so meant to be!

acrosenberg said...

welcome to the blogosphere. its one of my favorite mediums to think, vent, post random thoughts, and just be. i love what you've written. keep posting - i'm following.

Sofia Negron Photography said...

Love it! Welcome to the blogging world. I love the topic and think this will be very popular among many couples. I want to add you into a blogpost. Lets chat soon!

jsv said...

This is a great resource for me. My husband and I are 6 mos into our first adoption. We are also doing a domestic open adoption. Thank you so much for sharing!