Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Girl Crush.....or one of them at least.........Sheryl Crow

I have loved her for some time now----it's no secret even to my husband. I love her music, I love her look, I love her attitude, I love her strength of character. She's been on my Ipod for ever . And I will never forget the morning that I read in the paper that she had adopted a baby boy. Ahhhhh the cosmic conection. Helpusadopt.org was just a concept in our brains but I knew then. She's our voice. It's just a matter of time.

You guys know that I have my inspiration board in my office of quotes that keep me going when I start to think I can't do it anymore. Quotes that keep me going when naysayers and negativity get in my way. Her lyrics are up there in the "all time fave" category. In particular I love the line from Steve McQueen that sates: "I ain't takin' shit off no one---baby that was yesterday."

Sheryl Crow, if you're listening----hug that little boy. Hug that boy with all your might and think: If you had wanted to adopt as a single woman (without your celebrity) and had needed financial help----not many would have helped you because you are NOT how they define family. Helpusaodpt.org does NOT define family. In fact, 6 of our first 14 grants were awarded to single women who are now on their way to becoming mothers for the first time.

Sheryl we need your voice. Single women looking to adopt need your voice and your help. I'm free for coffee whenever you are.

Love much,
xob

No comments: