Monday, March 2, 2009

Period.

I got mine yesterday.

When it comes to that aspect of my reproductive system my body works perfectly.

To add insult to injury I get a full day of mildly unpleasant cramps (to say the least).

I hate that it still bothers me.

But it does.

It’s like a sharp stick to the eye.

A very sharp stick.

It’s not that I want to be pregnant at this point (trust me I don’t).

It’s just that for a moment it brings back all the months/years of wondering, the days/weeks/months of negative pregnancy tests and disappointment.

It brings back the pregnancies that ended in untimely bleeding.

It makes me laugh and roll my eyes at the insanity of it all.

I am healthy and my body is a precise well-oiled machine---except for one thing.

As I grumbled my way through yesterday I thanked god that my body doesn’t work perfectly.

Because if it had, I wouldn’t have Jake.

And that I can’t imagine.

And I wonder if the feeling will ever go away?

Or will I feel that sharp stick monthly until menopause sets in?

But that my friends is another post all together…

Love much,
xob

No comments: