Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Throw it out the window......

I think logically.

Most of the time it's very cut and dry with me.

So it is understandable why I have trouble understanding why this second adoption is taking so long.

What is it 21 months?

I don't even want to say the words out loud.

I understand "logically" the time it takes for paperwork to be completed.

I understand "logically" the time it takes for legal proceedings----but I'm not even there yet.

I've just been waiting.....

......and waiting......

to be matched.

Almost two years and nothing to show for it.

Twice as long as Jake's adoption.

So you can understand why this is beginning to bother me....and yes I am being polite....because quite frankly there's not much I can do about it.

And if I was pursuing an international adoption it would be taking even longer......I recently met a couple who has been waiting three years!

WHAT?????

I would really like someone to explain to me what this wait is all about.

I need a logical explanation.

Help me understand.

And please don't tell me it's just not my turn yet.....my child is out there.....this will all become clear once I hold my baby.......because that is what I have been telling myself for months!

And everyday, although I try not to think about it-----I am waiting for the phone to ring......

And yes I do find it ironic that on a daily basis I am working to help others become parents through adoption, yet I can't seem to help myself.


Love much,
xob

3 comments:

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

too many typos in my first comment, please delete it...

I have been waiting 9 years for my baby, 7 months of that has been waiting to adopt.

I too wonder why it takes so long, especially when I hear things like I heard on the news this morning: a newborn found dead in a garbage bag in a lake. Adoption is a much better option.

K Marino said...

My daughter's teacher just got word on there adoption and its only been a few months. Totally weird, they were very surprised.

Heck we where surprised,didn't know, but then again do many people say that they are adopting.

Anyhoo hang in there.