Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Madonna......I'm on your side......

Wow......who knew?

Who knew that building your family through adoption could cause such a stir????

I mean I for one have always loved "The Material Girl" for her ability to cause a commotion.....and let's face it I've loved her since Like a Virgin hit the shelves in 8th grade.

I stood up for her when she adopted the first time.

And I will continue to do it every time she does.

Big question to the rest of the world: Why do you care so much? Why are you judging with such animosity??????

And if she were pregnant would everyone care so much???

Adoptive parents on a whole are subjected to such scrutiny......why is that?

As an adoptive mother, some of the headlines in NYC today truly sadden me......not only for Madonna and her family but for all adopted children who live in our country.

One writer here in the Big Apple judged Madonna for taking her children out of school to accompany her on her trip to Africa.

Just for the record if our family ever has the opportunity to go to Africa ---I will be ripping Jake out of school for the trip if necessary---so get ready to judge! I mean honestly hmmmmm a week of world travel over a week of school?????

Why don't some people want Madonna to build her family through adoption? And why are others telling her "how" she should build her family? Since when did having children become anyone elses business?

Food for thought: Don't judge someone until you have walked in their shoes.

Madonna, I'm ready for coffee whenever you are.

Love much,
xob

No comments: