Thursday, March 5, 2009

Vintage is just a fancy word for……

USED.

That’s it. Used. Plain and simple.

You can dress it up anyway you want but it is what it is.

I however don’t care.

I love consignment/thrift stores and if I had more time would pop in more frequently. But consignment/thrift store shopping takes time, patience and creativity. I don’t usually have the first two.

Earlier this week I popped in three stores and found a treasure in the last one. I had to dig, but it was there.

I found the most beautiful mink stole. The fur is in almost perfect condition but when I went to try it on I noticed that the lining was in shreds--not even remotely wearable.

I almost put it back on the rack but the color of the fur was so beautiful---a rich caramel --perfect for An Infertile Blonde.

Maybe I could pop in a new lining and I’d be all set???

Price tag $50.

I figured it was worth a try.

I left the store with my new purchase and headed directly to my neighborhood seamstress where I picked out a new lining from her fabric supply.

My new stole will be ready at the end of next week.

Don’t worry; I’ll post a picture when it’s done.

I wonder what Rachel Zoe would say?

Love much,
xob

1 comment:

K Marino said...

Vintage , Rocks. Baltimore has a few shops down here.