Monday, February 16, 2009

My filing cabinet

It arrived the first week of December.

A hand-me-down from a friend.

It was so nice of her to think of me.

And we both knew the timing was terrible but she was moving.

I had the option to say no but didn't.

And most of the time it doesn't bother me.

But when people come over I see the "hopefulness" in their eyes and I have to explain.

I have to explain that just because there is a bassinet in the dining room there is no baby news.

And then I make them laugh because the bassinet has become a wonderful filing cabinet and is overflowing with files and mailing supplies for Helpusadopt.org.

We share an awkward laugh knowing the reality of the situation.......

And I say a silent prayer that someday......hopefully soon.....it will hold a sleeping baby.

Love much,
xob

No comments: