Friday, February 6, 2009

Almost an Elephant.....

This month I am entering my 20th month of "pregnancy" as we pursue our second adoption.

Some people don't get it when I say I am "20 months pregnant" and immediately look down at my flat stomach with a puzzled look on their face.

I am not trying to confuse -- only trying to put the adoption time frame into perspective.

According to the books, an elephant's gestation period lasts about 22 months and is the longest gestation period of any mammal -----apparently these researchers have yet to meet the "adoptive mother".

At this point, I am going to surpass the elephant's 22 months. And I do believe my ankles are beginning to swell.....

Love much,
xob

1 comment:

Just a waiting Mommy said...

You are such an inspiration to us all on this less-travelled road toward motherhood. The trip definitely makes for swollen ankles (and tired shoulders). I hope your child arrives soon but I trust that he or she will arrive at just the right time. Wishing you the best. j.a.w.m.