Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've been there......

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Three friends having a drink.

Two friends start talking about having babies.

One friend wishing she wasn't part of the conversation.

Two friends start talking about their fears of actually being pregnant and then delivering their babies.

One friend wishing she could relate.

One friend thinking her fear is that she would never become pregnant. One friend hoping her silence didn't make her friends uncomfortable.

Now four+ years later my fears have shifted. I would be terrified if I ever "miraculously" became pregnant. My body has rejected that idea three times and I would never want to live through another miscarriage.

Plus, this infertile blonde learned that the rules of biology are not what define motherhood.

Love much,
xob

1 comment:

JohnKanaka said...

I haven't been there but my wife has..and she's going to her sis in laws baby shower this w/e.